Castillo Rojo was designed in 1923 by legendary architect Federico Bieregel as a home for entrepreneur and builder Pedro Lehuedé and his family. In the late 1940s, the castle was purchased by Boris Krivoss, a Russian immigrant who transformed it into an artist’s residence and center for philosophical and creative exchange. From painters to dancers, musicians to chefs, these visitors and tenants gave the castle a lively bohemian atmosphere.
Throughout its history, Castillo Rojo has been admired as a Santiago landmark, depicted in numerous photographs and paintings. Now reborn as a premier boutique hotel, it is a premier destination for distinguished travelers from around the world.